can I run MC1496 (modulator) w/ 80MHz carrier?

Hi, for reference:

Can I run this chip with an 80MHz carrier? I'm trying, but the output is very weak. The datasheet isn't clear to me. thanks!

Reply to
1jam

It should work. Gain might be low, though. Is your DC bias correct? For normal operation, the two ports and the current source must be biased at three different DC levels (about 3V spacing, so the Vcc has to be 10V or more).

Other Gilbert cell chips, like HFA3101, might be better at this relatively high frequency.

Reply to
whit3rd