Can anyone clarify a schematic question for me?

Hello,

I am trying to build a headphone amplifier.

I am confused about something. My project schematic

lists single nodes for "input" and "output". I have to attach two 1/8 th inch headphone jacks to this circuit.

Each jack has a "left", "right" and "ground" connector, how would these three connectors connect to the circuit with respect to the indicated single input and output nodes?

I know this is probably the inquiry of a true neophyte, but I will ask it nonetheless, as my desperation is somewhat greater than my pride. Any clarification would be fantastic.

promet

Reply to
promet

Are you seeing that only one channel is shown ? I.e there will be 2 such amps in the completed amp. So in the cct shown you have one channel and the common "ground".

--
Regards ......... Rheilly Phoull
Reply to

For stereo you need two amplifiers, one for left and one for right.

In the left amplifier, connect the "left" wire to "input" or "output" respectively and the "ground" wire to circuit ground (the bottom of R2).

What are you doing for a power supply? I suggest two 9-volt batteries in series. The positive end of the series goes to V+, the middle to ground, and the negative end to V-.

Reply to
mc

Hey,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply Rheilly. I've begun to suspect this, that this circuit needs to be, essentially, "mirrored" for each channel. Excellent.

Take Care, promet

Rheilly Phoull wrote:

Reply to
promet

Hey,

Thanks for the details. I had seen styles for a dual 9V power supply, but hadn't realized that one would ground the center of the series. There are a lot of nuances for a beginner (but perfectly logical once pointed out and reasoned through a little bit).

I appreciate your time, thanks! promet

Reply to
promet