bus hold driver

Hello,

I'm very new to the concept of bus hold.

My question:

If I want to have a logic low on one of the bus lines, does it matter whether I put the pull-down resistor on the output or the input? I'll be using a SN74LVCH244A in my design? Also, can I assume the state of the any SN74LVCH244A output (without pull-downs/pull-ups) on power-up is logic low.

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
steve