Best format to post schematics?

John, that is a link to the message on your news server. Its not available to people who don't have an account there. All it does is add the server name to my news reader, but doesn't give me access to any of the messages.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What software are you using? There is a graphics select tool in Acrobat reader. You click on it, then use your mouse to select what you want to copy, then right click over that area and select "Copy" I paste the image into "MS Paint" and save it to my hard drive.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If you bring in a PNG to a PDF document, you must set your compression options correctly!!!!! For black & white schematics, CCITT is an excellent choice. If color or I'm lazy, I use zip compression. If you happen to leave it on JPEG compression, you'll end up with a large document that's hard to read.

Another nice thing about PDF documents, some schematic programs will produce real text that can be searched when printed to a PDF format. Thus, finding R138 is a snap.

--
Mark
Reply to

Depends on the newsreader. Agent recognizes it as a unique message ID and will pull up the original post (from my local cache or from my own ISP's usenet server if I don't have it) when the ID is clicked.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

...then there are those who think it'snot ready for prime time or that it just plain sucks:

*-*-uninstall-*-Acrobat+*-*-*-get-Foxit-to-integrate-with-FF+zzz+zzzz+*-*-*-*-*-new-window+*-*-*-new-tab+*-*-*-my-nVidia-drivers-wiped-out+*-quality-is-poor+problems-sizing-*-printing-*+crashes+*-*-integration-with-Firefox

Reply to
JeffM

*-*-uninstall-*-Acrobat+*-*-*-get-Foxit-to-integrate-with-FF+zzz+zzzz+*-*-*-*-*-new-window+*-*-*-new-tab+*-*-*-my-nVidia-drivers-wiped-out+*-quality-is-poor+problems-sizing-*-printing-*+crashes+*-*-integration-with-Firefox

Well, that's why I noted that I've only been using it for a few days. That isn't enough time to be sure that there isn't anything wrong with it.

I did immediately notice that the display quality isn't as good. I don't think FoxItReader is doing the anti-aliasing stuff that Adobe Reader does to make the display look nicer. My thought on that was I could accept that if everything else worked OK.

I haven't tried to integrate it with Firefox. Actually I think I would just rather have Firefox default to just saving the pdf to my dekstop or something, rather than having it open in the browser anyway. I usually right click PDF links anyway and pick "save target as" instead of letting them load in the browser.

And I haven't tried to print anything with it yet either...

I'll play around with it a bit more and report back my thoughts.

Reply to
Carl Smith

--
Hmm...

I thought that was a link to the message itself, which surely would
propagate through Usenet to servers other than my providers\'.

Thanks,
Reply to
John Fields

--
Blow off Google groups and get a real Usenet provider if you want
access to the binaries newsgroups.

That really doesn't help since you didn't indicate which ones are yours or that you think are good.

Reply to
B Fuhrmann

I wasn't replying to that message, I was replying to the one that said "google groups does not have an alt.binaries.schematics.electronic", which I quoted above. I was offering an alternate way to get to that newsgroup. Feel free to ignore it if you like, but don't complain when people try to help.

And none of those are mine, and I have no opinion on which are good.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

No problem. All I get is error messages that I can't access the message.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

*-*-uninstall-*-Acrobat+*-*-*-get-Foxit-to-integrate-with-FF+zzz+zzzz+*-*-*-*-*-new-window+*-*-*-new-tab+*-*-*-my-nVidia-drivers-wiped-out+*-quality-is-poor+problems-sizing-*-printing-*+crashes+*-*-integration-with-Firefox

Well, I've been using the FoxIt reader for a couple more days now and I haven't had any problems. I've looked at many PDFs and printed quite a few without crashes.

I still haven't tried to integrate it into Firefox, however. I don't know if I will since I like to just save the PDFs first anyway...

Reply to
Carl Smith

*-*-uninstall-*-Acrobat+*-*-*-get-Foxit-to-integrate-with-FF+zzz+zzzz+*-*-*-*-*-new-window+*-*-*-new-tab+*-*-*-my-nVidia-drivers-wiped-out+*-quality-is-poor+problems-sizing-*-printing-*+crashes+*-*-integration-with-Firefox

Well, I've been using the FoxIt reader for a couple more days now and I haven't had any problems. I've looked at many PDFs and printed quite a few without crashes.

I still haven't tried to integrate it into Firefox, however. I don't know if I will since I like to just save the PDFs first anyway...

Reply to
Carl Smith

I wouldn't be surprised if it's ignoramuses working at Earthlink. I went around and around with them a couple of years ago, trying to get a reliable USENET feed.

I don't have to worry about that any more, since I'm on Verizon now, not that I'm selling it or anything - but it couldn't hurt to call your Earthlink geeks and get the real skinny on your USENET server - they contract it out, you see.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

They think it's candy but it'snot?

;-)

--
Elect Me President in 2008! I will:
A. Fire the IRS, and abolish the income tax

I appreciate all your feedback and suggestions on posting schematics. I use B&W for the .png images and colour for the .pdf files.

Bill Electronic PIC projects

William at MyBlueRoom