Bare wire inductor

Hi,

I have seen some RF transmitters (315MHz) PCB that there are some inductor components which uses bare wires of 2.5 turns and 3mm diameter. What are their functions? I have calculated the inductance to be 13nH which is quite small. Thanks!

Reply to
eeh

If you build a tank out of that inductor, and a cap of 20pF, you have a resonance frequency around 315MHz.

f = 1/(2.pi.sqrt(L*C))

--
Regards,
  Bob Monsen