Attrition?

Hi,

What does it mean by "5% attrition on all passive & small pack components"? I was looking at various PCB assembly websites, and I wasn't sure what it meant.

Thanks!

Reply to
MRW

Sounds like if you supply them with 1000 parts, that they can only guarantee that 950 of them will get installed - up to 50 will just disappear somewhere, which is "attrition".

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Context ?

It sounds like the assembler wants you to 'oversupply' piece parts. 5% is way too high.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear