Analyze the 1090 MHz channel and simulation with ns-2

Hi all !

I have to analyze the capacity of the 1090 MHz channel used by airplanes' transponders to transmit/receive air traffic surveillance services (such like ADS-B and TIS-B). ADS-B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast) is a surveillance service that is broadcasted from the airplanes' transponders to other aircrafts in a specific area or to ground stations. TIS-B (Traffic Information Service Broadcast) is a surveillance service that is broadcasted from the ground station to all the aircrafts in a specific range.

- Could anyone help me to start this work?

- What particular aspects have I to study and describe for this analysis? Which are the steps I have to follow to do this?

- I have to simulate the transmission of both services using ns-2 (Network Simulator 2,

an implementation of the 1090 MHz standards for ns-2 already exist?

Thank you all !

Greetings

Daniel

p.s.: delete LEVAMI from email address to private reply

Reply to
Daniel Casolini