about project

hi i am ARUN KUMAR final year ECE student.can u help in my final project.can u send some projects regarding to microcontrollers.waiting for ur valuable suggestions.

Reply to
ARUN_405_2006

Design them so that they are resilient to brief power interruptions. 1 to

60 second power interruptions in many locations are frequent and require re-programming of clocks ... a huge pain in the butt!
Reply to
Charles

Hi, Arun. Your best bet will be going to your department advisor with this question, or to the teacher of the Senior Projects class. Either one will be happy to spend a few minutes with you, giving ideas about potentially successful projects.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Final year? We're all doomed. :-( How does someone spend three years in school, allegedly learning about electronics _and_ computers, and then ask a question like this? I know this is SEB and all, but geez.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

--
Ever heard of a real-time clock?
Reply to

Which fails during a momentary power outage? Battery backup is non-existent in many consumer devices. They (the manufacturers) can't even bother to include a decent energy storage capacitor on the dc supply circuit to smooth out interruruptions of several seconds. The modern answering machine is a prime example. The clock/calendar is mostly wrong. Here, in the septic system where I live and swim, the power fluctuates (drops out for a second or two) at least once a week and scrambles the clocks on the oven, the microwave, and the answering machine.

If I designed and sold annoyingly loud and useless guitar amplifiers, I suppose I could understand this at a much deeper level. But, only a very few of us are so gifted.

Reply to
Charles

I think that "real-time clock" was a reference to devices like the Dallas Semiconductor clock modules, which included a lithium cell big enough to keep the clock alive for several years. Do computer manufacturers still use those?

Reply to
Stephen J. Rush

--
Obviously. it appears you don\'t even know what a real-time clock is.

Here:

http://datasheets.maxim-ic.com/en/ds/DS1307.pdf

BTW, what\'s the reference to "annoyingly loud and useless guitar
amplifiers" about?
Reply to
John Fields

--
Dunno, but I do!

last one I used was a Dallas DS1307 on a medication dispensing
machine.
Reply to
John Fields

RTCs are well understood. Thanks for the link, in any case.

Look up "metaphor."

Reply to
Charles

--
You\'re welcome, but your amplitude reference to "annoyingly loud and
useless guitar amplifiers"  hasn\'t yet been defined.

Would you like to continue?
Reply to
John Fields