a bout voltatage regulators LM78xx

I have seen about these possitive voltage regulators in book. it will give give constant voltage. can we get the constant voltage with out using external capacitors.i saw in one book in that they are use very bulky capacitors.In another book they were use in ceramic capacitors. Is value of capacitors dependent on o/p voltage of regulators.How to select value of filter. How the transient voltage occures

Reply to
sp

You don't need a bulky cap if the input source is rather stable.. You could do well with a small cap to prevent oscillation that appears in some makers of those regs.

"

Reply to
Jamie