600-ohm to 600-ohm line transformer

I saw this type of transformer, but I could not find it anywhere, nobody now what is it ?

What type of transformer is it ? How many spire do they have, which voltage ???

Any information will be appreciate.

Thanks,

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
riviera321

I need a 600-ohm to 600-ohm line transformer for an audio device, thay also caled them Audio transformer...

What are those type of transformer ?

how many spire (turn), what's are the voltage, where could I find them ?

Any information about it will be appreciate.

Thank,

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
riviera321

Try

Tom Biasi

These are usually used with telephone lines.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

You asked this already, don't expect email when posting to a newsgorup.

They are audio transformers, for applications where isolation is needed but not voltage step up or step down is needed.

You used to get them nice and bulky, for good audio response. I don't know where you can get them nowadays.

As someone pointed out, they are commonly found in modems these days, so dig up a modem that nobody wants due to being too slow, and grab the transformer off that. It will be the only transformer on the modem board (assuming it's an internal modem).

Radio Shack had some tiny ones for a while, but I don't suppose they still carry them.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

et472 posted:

I need a 600-ohm to 600-ohm line transformer for an audio device, thay

You asked this already, don't expect email when posting to a newsgorup.

They are audio transformers, for applications where isolation is needed but not voltage step up or step down is needed.

You used to get them nice and bulky, for good audio response. I don't know where you can get them nowadays.

As someone pointed out, they are commonly found in modems these days, so dig up a modem that nobody wants due to being too slow, and grab the transformer off that. It will be the only transformer on the modem board (assuming it's an internal modem).

Radio Shack had some tiny ones for a while, but I don't suppose they still carry them.

There are many types of 600:600 Ohm transformers. Do you need it tapped? Both sides or only one side? Do you need a spit primary or secondary so you can do something to current flow? How much current must it handle?

There are many suppliers. I did a google for "600 Ohm line transformer" and got a bunch of hits. Here's one:

SARAH, INC.

Don

Reply to
Dbowey

As has been pointed out, they are 1:1 transformers used for isolation.

There's nothing magic about "600 ohm to 600 ohm".

Get two identical audio transformers. Connect both secondary windings, or both primary windings, together. The two remainding windings, one one each transformer, are your new in/out windings.

Reply to
dmb06851

Michael Black Jan 31, 6:19 pm show options

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.basics From: snipped-for-privacy@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Michael Black) - Find messages by this author Date: 1 Feb 2005 02:19:21 GMT Local: Mon, Jan 31 2005 6:19 pm Subject: Re: 600-ohm to 600-ohm line transformer Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse

riviera321 ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) writes:

thay

them

You asked this already, don't expect email when posting to a­ newsgorup.

They are audio transformers, for applications where isolatio­n is needed but not voltage step up or step down is needed.

Reply to
dmb06851

They are also found in cordless telephones.

Reply to
Andrew Holme

dmb... posted, in part:

Where was that posted by the OP? Line transformers often have functions beyond isolation.

Don

Reply to
Dbowey

The number of turns required depends on the frequency of operation and the permeability of the core. You need enough turns to make the reactance of the coil significantly greater than your operating impedance. You don't want too many turns, as that would increase losses. 1000 turns might be right for one frequency, but you would only need 10 at some other higher frequency. You need a lot of turns for audio.

Reply to
Andrew Holme

I need 600 ohms to 600 ohms 1:1 transformer Turns so I could design it by my self.

If any one know the Turns on Primary and Secondary please let me know..

Regards,

Julius

##-----------------------------------------------## Article posted with Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive

no-spam read and post WWW interface to your favorite newsgroup - sci.electronics.basics - 20124 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
juliuspk

Why not just cannibalize one out of a modem?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise