555 timer triggering

Thanks for the replys. I am using the monostable configuration that is shown in the datasheet (unsure of manufacture but I think its a universal configuration), it uses two external caps between pin 5 and 6 and a resistor between pin

7 and 8. A falling edge is supposed to trigger a high output from the 555 timer but doesn't when the input to the 555 is taken across the pull up resistor of the compartor.
Reply to
chuck

Actually, the 555 isn't triggered until the falling edge reaches 1/3 Vcc.

Reply to
chuck

--
That's wrong.

It uses one cap from pin 5 to ground and another from pin 6 to ground,
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields