Subject Author Posted Replies

Added some snow and fireworks
Added some snow and fireworks to the 3 line LED matrix display; Snow: Fireworks: Source:

"Scan" to Gerber?
Hi, Are there any tools (interactive or batch) that will accept a high resolution scan (this shouldn't matter!) and produce a "normalized" Gerber photoplot format (that I can subsequently...
9
9

Eagle 5.11.0 "update"
For the last few weeks, i have been ignoring the update popup. Today, i said WTH and clicked on it. For all intents and purposes, *nothing* happened. Now that popup no longer shows, and i still have...
4
4

OT: Repairing keyboards
Repairing keyboards Some time ago yet an other keyboard stopped working properly. Buying an other one again got sort of boring, and risky[1], so I did some websearch. One of the problem I have with...
77
77

LEDs, a somewhat surpising result
LEDs, a somewhat surprising result I wanted to see if I could make an ozone detector by looking at the ratio of absorption of yellow versus blue and red light for detection of the ozone generated...
9
9

Section about switching mode power supply just started
Read first article: http://www.cirvirlab.com/index.php/switching-mode-power-supply/129-buck-or-step-down-converter-basics.html http://www.cirvirlab.com/index.php/switching-mode-power-supply.html
1
1

FR4 time*temperature discoloration
A component hot enough will cause FR4 to discolor after a few years. An end user will suspect there is a problem with the board (even if there is none) because of the discoloration. Does anybody know...
21
21

Simplest electromechanical relay circuit
I construct electronics circuits in the same manner that I write software. Start with a simple circuit. Debug the circuit, add a wrinkle, and then rinse and repeat until a full blown solution emerges....
99
99

Current Development Status of Image Recognition SW
Hi Just for fun, looking into a DIY project, but which could spin off to a com mercial product, I am looking into image recognition. For the application I would need the unit to recognize an object....
9
9

Insulating hardware, esp.washers
I've got an electrically and thermally hot TO-220, that needs mechanically securing to a grounded heatsink. Anodizing isolates the TO-220 from the heatsink, but what do you guys use to isolate the...
38
38

NSA & RSA
NSA & RSA... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | |...
68
68

OT: Masters Degree
Bwahahahahaha... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only...
47
47

OT: Facebook and InstaGram
How the heck can anyone signup for FaceBook when it rejects an e-mail address as being "a valid email address"? After that impossible hurdle is passed, there is a worse one for InstaGram in that one...
17
17

Help comparing two FFT approaches - UPDATE
Thank you EVERYBODY for replying. Gave me food for thought and confirmed earlier efforts. Finally, I found absolutely NO difference between results obtained from doing one very long packet, or...
5
5

OT: the "affordale" care act
The Affordable Care Act is not designed to help anyone live longer or to lower the cost of health care. You may care about those things. But the people who run the government have their own motives...
1
1