Subject Author Posted Replies

Dial Light Bulbs for old Lafayette Stereo
I am helping a guy rebuild an abandoned house, and inside was a Lafayette LR-1500-TA Stereo Receiver. He told me to toss it in the trash. Well, I tossed it in my car. It was built in 1970. I brought...
10
10

Dang, all panasonic polyester film caps are going away
Just got this message from DK. I've used a ton of these little film caps, grumble. George H.
14
14

air pollution particulate sensor package
Hi, This message is related to my earlier request for advice in the topic 'finding electronics design and fabrication expertise for a project'. Because of the kindness of the group members here, I am...
63
63

another Spec An paper

Contract engineering outfit in NY/NJ
Hi, all, Maybe about a year back, somebody here mentioned a crackerjack contract engineering house somewhere within a hundred miles or so of me (northern NYC suburbs). I wrote the name down, intending...
2
2

UV intensity measurement
I have a Koi Pond UV filter system, rated at 55W. Is there a simple way to measure UV intensity, or more importantly, some way of telling that the UV is degrading compared to when it was new.......
11
11

Source of LCD - touch screen panel mounting bezels?
We're looking at using a small (

Hearing Aid Transducer Question
Hi guys, I follow a crystal radio forum and thread about hearing aid transducers came up. One fellow found a transducer with higher impedance and is looking at making crystal radio earphones with...
15
15

Preamp recommendations
I'm looking for recommendations for a broadband preamp (kit or assembled). 50 Ohms in & out 1.5GHz 10db -15db gain Gain Flatness +- 0.5db NF < 4db Po = 0 - 10dbm Vcc +12V or thereabouts I've looked at...
8
8

[OT] Gun vendor shoots woman at gun show
On the bright side, he showed that the gun works. I hope he enjoys being the bitch while in prison. BLOOMSBURG, Pa. (AP) ? A vendor accidentally shot a woman in the leg while demonstrating a gun and...
39
39

Popular transistor data in spreadsheet format?
Greetings, Does anyone know of a spreadsheet (a comma separated variable format is better) that contains data for popular transistors? A single device fills each row, with columns for part number,...
3
3

finding electronics design and fabrication expertise for a project
Hi, I apologize if this is off topic for this group, as it is primarily a non-t echnical question. I am working on a project that has an important element involving the creat ion of, or adaptation of...
25
25

Make multilayer PCBs in continental USA or in Asia
Could some electronics guru please provide some hints on this ? We would like to make a set of 50 6-layer printed circuit boards. We do have contacts in Asia, and we could have them fabricated there,...
11
11

OT: Air Conditioner service
My mother's apartment has a 1985 Kenmore 1 ton in-wall AC unit which still cools, but has a fan motor that seems reluctant to start up sometimes. It could also probably use a good cleaning and other...
28
28

Combined resonant inductor and transformer in LLC halfbridge
I am designing a halfbridge LLC converter. Due to different reasons I want to use transformer leakage as resonant indu ctor. As production are concerned, what are the best way to achieve the tightest...
2
2