Subject Author Posted Replies

Oscillating regulators with ceramic caps
I've just built up a batch of PCBs with several LM317 and LM337 regulators on them. As this thing will be in a hot environment, I wanted to avoid electrolytics so I used 10uF MLCC ceramic capacitors...
24
24

lumens vs voltage; incandescent
How does voltage effect lumens in a incandescent bulb? A bulb rated 420 lumens at 130VAC will output how many lumens at 115VAC?
39
39

The Loudspeaker - Some things never change
I've been playing around with electronics since I was in my teens, which was in the 1960s. Some electronic components have drastically changed, while others have always been about the same. The main...
46
46

Wide Area Loop Coil Design
I would like to make a wide area circular loop of approximately 3 metres diameter. It will be fed with audio sinewaves via a 100W (per channel) car stereo amplifier. Could I please have some...
42
42

Ir comms
Hi, What's the *least* data that I need to recover a (typical consumer) signal encoded using an infrared medium? I.e., I think all "remotes" just gate a fixed carrier (which may vary between...
2
2

OT: The land is rising
I know I shouldn't, but this is just too funny. "It isn't that the sea level is dropping -- it's that the land is springing back up." So where I live in Maine, it will keep getting colder and the sea...
4
4

Silicon crystal new 1 kg reference
Silicon crystal new 1 kg reference Si rules ;-)
7
7

ISIS Bombing Pilot Burning -> German Pilot Suicides.
Hi, I had a feeling something like this would happen. An aircraft crash. Why I didn't know exactly. In hind sight I think I now know why the german pilot commited suicide. The trigger was probably the...
3
3

Installing FTDI drivers?
I want to experiment a little with Arduino. Apparently I need to install FTDI scandal. (Who knows by sight which chips are legitimate and which are counterfeit?) :: page? :: Thanks, Dave
18
18

Why is the fuse blowing?
Just had to share...
5
5

another pi/pie story
Last Sunday, exactly a week after pi day, I decided to cook one on my semi-famous fruit pies, peach and blueberry. I was upstairs reading "The Armada" by Mattingly, a really good book, and running...
35
35

Re: What kind of spectrogram is this, anyway... ?
I didn't think we were supposed to send images on this group. Gary Eickmeier
10
10

Replacement for LM 6805-A
Hello, I am looking for a replacement for a LM 6805-A. My shredder broke down and the board has this particular piece who had fallen off. I am trying to buy a new one, but I can't find the specs or...
3
3

OT Dropbox sucking up internet bandwidth?
We have an external company takes care of our IT. Things have been slow sometimes lately and the IT guys asked if anyone had dropbox, which I do. They said that was a large part of the problem. I'm...
24
24

Shielded inductors.
Simple question. I'm looking for a 100uH inductor in either a toroid or a pot core. (I'd like it shielded from outside interference.) Digikey lists no pot core inductors. Are the shielded ones like...
30
30