Subject Author Posted Replies

Assymetrical Power Supply
I have a circuit with an op amp gain stage that needs to be powered by an assymetrical supply. The rails are +5 and -15VDC and there is no easy way to change this. What method can be used to DC offset...
46
46

OT: Bullying
OT: Bullying... In our PC world I'll bet that "Captain America" gets punished and the bully does not :-( ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
86
86

OT Boehner stepping down?
Huh? why only on the BBC?
10
10

DC Offset Output of Emitter Follower
The circuit linked below is intended to drive a resistive load which is represented by a 47R resistor. It works well as is, but I would like to add an extra feature and do not know how. The maximum...
14
14

OT: Increase of our dictatorship
From John Vibes at To comply with the 2005 Real ID Act, which the U.S. government has been slowly implementing for the past decade, citizens in a number of different U.S. states will now be forced to...
38
38

OT: Why there are no new jobs?
Here's the deal. You're going to start a business or expand the one you've got now. It doesn't really matter what you do or what you're going to do. I'll partner with you no matter what business...
201
201

LTC6268, FET, 4.5nV/rtHz, Cin~ 0.5 pF
I saw this on some EDN email/ spam. I don't know if it's been discussed here, but the e_n * Cin product is impressive. George H.
1
1

OT hajj
The numerical issues here are incredible. Three million people trying to circle that black brick thing CCW seven times in one day. Billions of Muslims required to make the pilgrimage in their...
4
4

The Trouble with Tribbles, or Practical Nano Tribology
This paper was highlighted on another forum... Worth a read for Electrical Engineers: "What Nanotribologists are Teaching Us About Electrical Contacts" Steve

Find LC resonance hidden by inductance
Hi I have a black box with a large inductance and a LC circuit in series I need to find a way to measure the LC circuit resonance When I sweep the black box, and record the current it only records...
65
65

Class C Power Oscillator
I'm trying to design an ultrasonic class C power oscillator to use with a project I'm working on. I'm vaguely basing it off a circuit I recall seeing in an early 1960s-era book called "Industrial...
13
13

Ping John Larkin
I remember a while back you were working on a machine that had some wave files stored in non-volatile storage of some kind, and there was hardware that was used to read out these waves at varying...
10
10

Re: Cyber Grand Challenge, prizes up to 2 million dollars ! (DARPA)
** SNOOORT ** Trying to view a (highly probable) technically advanced site with PC-AT era equipment?! Too funny!
1
1

gyro's
single axis analog gyro Freescale & ST Micro seem to be getting out of the analog gyro business and going to digital "system" types of devices. Analog Devices are too costly for this application, ie...
5
5

lead in rohs parts
ON just sent out a final product change notice that shows lead coated copper internal bonding wires are being used in some common bipolar parts - their part numbers are altered by inclusion of letter...
24
24