Subject Author Posted Replies

Diffusion in diodes
Coincidentally, I've been thinking about improving my PD model to include carrier diffusion effects. Diffusion slows down PIN diodes by a factor of diameter**2, which gets ugly except in very small...
9
9

Schottky diode
What is Schottky diode turn on time? I know that it is very low (have always been low enough for me). Until now that is... I am looking for more quantitative information Reason for this posting:...
16
16

ne555 1amp for 2 sec - will it last?
(confession, I just dabble in 'lectrick stuff) I need to take a 5v + pulse and make a 1-2sec + pulse from it, minimum parts count/weight/cost. The load is a small motor; I'm guessing 1A with 4.2v....
25
25

HF FET Q-switch for pulsed NMR: broadband design?
Hi, I'm new to this group. I was recommended to post here by a user of I need a Q-switch for HF (not optical frequencies). In the field of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR), a Q switch is a device that...
16
16

Magamp AC source
I use this super-simple circuit (with an additional winding) to experiment with magamps and it seems to work correctly: But I found a weird circuit in this 1961 patent: What advandages does the second...
32
32

PID Heater Control
If a heater is controlled by turning it on and off, does a PID algorithm help in more closely controlling the temperature? Will running the PID loop faster than the temperature measurement improve...
47
47

Variable inductor in LTSpice
How do I define a voltage (or current)-dependent inductor in LTSpice? In the case of a resistor I simply write R=100*V(Vkey), but the simulator refuses to accept L=... I don't care about hysteresis,...
11
11

TS555IN question (CMOS timer)
We have a remote signaling device that operates from a 3.2V battery source using a CMOS version of the timer.. 3.pdf At random and I mean very random, the circuit may need a power cycle. I was able to...
7
7

Steel melter for forty bucks? Needs a KW dc supply. Also $1 100nS 30KV! Also ALSO!
The woods are full of these today: 1000W 12-48V 20A ZVS High Frequency Low Voltage Induction Heating Board I wonder if they'll levitate an aluminum chunk before meltin git? Bend the coil into cone...
82
82

ZXSC310 demo board
Hi all Can anyone tell where I can find a ZXSC310 demo board? wbr sonnich

ping Win LND150 avalanche
I have a low power 1400 volt power supply and I'd like to add a bleeder, and have an LED light up if there's voltage present on the caps. I was thinking about a series stack of three LND150 depletion...
40
40

LCR meter recommendations?
Hi all, I'm looking to acquire a new LCR meter to replace the old bridges I've been formerly using, which can be a bit cumbersome. Can anyone recommend one from personal experience? I've watched all...
10
10

Mildly [OT]: Security dongle for SATA drives
Hi, all, In my recent reading on computer security, one of the things that keeps coming up is malware that rewrites your disk firmware. Since the disk has DMA access to main memory, this allows...
14
14

PCB routing
Hi There! I have a bit of an identity crisis wrt to hand routing in that I never seem to be able to get my boards to look nice (subjective, I know). I generally use XY routing which is easy to do but...
12
12

Bias current, leakage, DC offset? Remote trouble shooting
Hi all, I've got a customer in Singapore. They have four of our lockin amplifiers and have just bought a fifth. The input is an instrument amp. (AD620). And I've sketched the input wiring here. (Cap...
38
38