Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Qualcomm to send NXP to the chop shop
From "Qualcomm Reportedly Seals Deal To Buy NXP Semiconductors My guess is that QCOM will chop up NXP and part it out. The fabs can go to TI or ON Semi etc.... The NXP employee LinkedIn profiles are...
30
30

OT? Blinking Stars
Tabby's star has been in the geek media because of its inability to maint ain a constant light output like other stars of its type: .html That's not weird enough. Now, some astronomers have found 234...
18
18

Tektronix DM2510 eprom
Hi some time ago, I found at a flea market a led multimeter tek DM2510, does anyone have a copy of its firmware a 27256. Probably will be same useful the one of a DM2510G but there are 2 different...
2
2

sf: pinout SpectraSource instruments Teleris 2 cooled camera
Hi I found a: SpectraSource instruments Teleris 2 cooled camera option KAF0400 but without the controller... Does anyone have the pinout of this device is a male db 15 like the one of a vga cable. Or...

Polymagnets
This is seriously cool. I have no idea how they can make these magnets with such strength and fine-featured surface magnetic patterns, but the applications are awesome. I want to buy shares. Looking...
26
26

OT: For those of you with a mediocre skill set...
OT: For those of you with a mediocre skill set and going to vote Democrat... Enjoy your poverty >:-} ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal...
31
31

A SPICE Equivalent Digital Model That Actually Works
Models NXP's 74HC7014 precision Schmitt buffer, at 5V and 25C, not counting quiescent current consumption. Input and output diode and MOS are accurate. Doesn't befall any of Altium's ridiculous...

Semi OT: libnoise
I needed a good pseudorandom coherent noise source for a project I'm working on, and this cross-platform C++ library is pretty cool: Check out the examples under "planetary surfaces" for some...
1
1

wind patterns
I think it was Jeff L who pointed me to this site: This is flat beautiful. I wonder how they get all this data. I wonder if that storm will hit us.
9
9

OT: What's it called...
OT: What's it called... Plastic envelope/pocket, with peel-and-stick backing, stick inside cover of a book with a card inserted listing important-to-me-topic pages. I have in mind around a 1/4 sheet...
6
6

Protection of 1uF capacitor against short circuit
I'm looking for a component to protect against overcurrent if the output of my Teletype current loop driver is shorted. The output end of this system is a 1uF aluminum electrolytic capacitor charged...
24
24

resistor resistance change over frequency
I'm making high Q measurements. My Q meter only goes to 625, so I have added a ~ 2.15 ohm resistor in series with the coil. I'm testing a reference inductor with and without the resistor to find the...
29
29

Review: Elenco CS-440 capacitor box
I'm tuning a bunch of control loops on breadboards so I figured a capacitor box would be handy. Amazon had the Elenco so I got one. It was intermittent so I opened it up to see why. Amazing garbage....
18
18

No user serviceable parts inside
I'm trying to decide on case fastening/closing technology; solvent weld, snap, mechanical fasteners, etc. *Despite* many things having "no user serviceable parts inside", it seems like many (a growing...
48
48

Electronic Design
What's up with the political bashing? I mean, Hillary is clearly the worst presidential runner, second only to Obama, but I thought this was for electronics design?
15
15