Subject Author Posted Replies

O.T. Ripples in Spacetime
Good book. My wife saw a review in the Dutch press - Schilling is a Dutch science journalist - and thought - correctly - that I'd like it. It's not all that off-topic. There's a lot of electronics in...
1
1

damaged goods
Sounds like some oscilloscopes. Actually, we do this too, differentiate a product by one bit set somewhere that enables a feature. That's sort of selling intellectual property. It's also a way to get...
24
24

Zener SOAR
Well, there don't seem to be SOAR specs on zeners. I suppose I'll have to blow some up. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology...
21
21

High voltage Relay
Hi all, Need for a replacement of a HM24-1B83-06 (ecu spec) which is HV relay. Any relevant advice is welcome. Habib.
5
5

OT: Irony
WH social media director who routinely blasts news outlets for "fake news" tweets a video of Mexico City's airport and claims it as the Miami airport. LOL. Probably an honest mistake but oh so ironic.

TCXO (shopping for replacement)
Hi All, We have the following TCXO in a product. We use the 5 ppm version, 4.096 MHz EOL, I tried contacting Abracon for replacements, but I've heard nothing back. (I'll try the phone later today.)...
122
122

OT: Product I Refuse to Purchase
OT: Product I Refuse to Purchase... Doesn't really affect me anyway... I'd rather watch a bullfight (or soccer or ice hockey ;-) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations |...
24
24

TL494
OK, we've all been bitching - silently or vocally - about the low SNR at SED. Here's a real, albeit small, design question. The venerable PWM controller TL494 was widely used in older computer power...
18
18

OT: ( sorta) Breaking the x86 Instruction set
As it's name implies, not really. A black Hat conference lecture on poking into the available processor op codes on x86 processors. Cheers
1
1

SMD ident - bipolar characteristics and packaging xref - on spreadsheets
I notice that smd identification tools are disappearing from the web for one reason or another. At the same time, basic transistor functional types remain difficult to search or to compare, even as...

another gate driver
PV gate drivers are nice, but they are slow turning on when supplying a lot of gate charge. The ADI parts, with internal power isolators, are expensive and insane power hogs. So maybe we could...
2
2

The Weather Channel
Stephanie Abrams on the Weather Channel makes watching weather information rather pleasurable. She's looking mighty fine this morning. Mikek
7
7

Irma sustained winds exceed 3-second gust design limit Florida buildings
A completely out-of-context building code flyer:
26
26

S.E.D is disappearing
...beneath a huge wave of irrelevant junk.
140
140

Irma
The county will open their hurricane shelters in a few hours. I am trying to decide if I should leave, or stay here. I have yet to have a hurricane in the area that I wasn't without electricity for...
40
40