zigbee???

I have never seen a temperature or chlorine limit when I purchased my covers, but if they are the limits you say, then it is no wonder mine never last! We hae a salt water chlorine system, but we still periodically shock it with a packet of shock. That probably violates the 1ppm limit. We also get temps of greater than 100 degrees in our water during the summer! I will literally take the cover off, and just add water to let evaporation do its thing to keep it that cool... ;-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

The pool wasn't that big, so the covers were each probably 10x30 feet. the interesting thing was the hydralics to lift and lower it!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

for

1ppm is the minimum of the "safe range". IIRC the recommended chlorine concentration was 1-3ppm. Living in NY the pool never got to 100F. ;-) I would regulate the temperature with the filter and solar cover, though. In the spring and fall I'd run the pump in the daytime and leave the cover on when the pool wasn't in use. In the summer the cover was rarely on and if the pool got above 82F (I preferred it about 76-78F in most weather) I'd switch to running the filter at night. I could move the water temperature about 4F with the timing of the filter (X-10 control came in handy).
Reply to
krw

Impressive. He probably had to make sure that his insurance agent was never invited to a pool party :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Quite likely!

Reply to
Charlie E.

they

the

the

cooked

provide

It is in such a place. HIV people are outcasts there. Many would starve if it wasn't for the church. This is typical "urban development":

That's why it is important to work through an organization that consist of local people that are older and have experience. They know what works and what doesn't, and what the consequences could be. In our case that local organization is a church in Kenya, led by Pastor Omega who can be seen here:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

--=20

That is kind of cute. Does it run *nix or something else? If the fan is any standard size you can replace it with a reliable one.

Reply to
JosephKK

in=20

because they=20

the=20

hand the=20

villagers.

Quechua).=20

terrain=20

far=20

down=20

the=20

cooked=20

=20

provide=20

government=20

rope.

on=20

whatever

And the multinational corporations. They really like the deals they get from the corrupt governments.

capitalism"

Reply to
JosephKK

The problem, really, was the lifer bureaucrats, who thought the Peace Corps was all about their career.

Reply to
krw

I run NetBSD on mine (the one in service and its backup). I've installed Windows (can't recall if it was 2K or XP) on one when I first got them and was "playing around". I also have another that has some Linux distro on it (I don't "do" Linux so I haven't looked at it in detail)

I'm not worried about replacing the fan. Rather, the fan is an issue because:

- it's noisey

- it can fail at any time (even while I am not home, asleep, etc.)

I think it is a 2.4G processor so I imagine a fan failure will just melt the processor.

Reply to
D Yuniskis