Wireless door chime stopped working

I have a wireless doorbell made by Radio Shack. :-(

Something is wrong with the sender unit.

When the button is pressed, the led lights up but the chimes do not ring.

The chime unit does work, I believe, because it sounds when I change the melody.

I am wondering if it is worth the trouble to see what is wrong with the sender unit?

Thanks.

I forgot to mention, but I live within 1/2 mile of a lake that does have saltwater ingress.

Reply to
AK

Could just as well be the receiver unit.

The sender is probably little more than an LED, an IC, a crystal and possibly a transistor to drive the antenna, and, like as not, all surface mounted, Even if you manage to diagnose the fault, sourcing replacement component(s) and soldering them is going to be more trouble that it's worth.

I know the feeling - coincidentally, one of my remote garage door openers has died today, though in my case I know it's the remote, not the receiver. The temptation is to spend time trying to figure out what's wrong, but it's really not worth the effort.

Buy a new one.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else