Wireless data links for telemetry, south-eastern US?

OK, how about the user interface docs ?

Is it AT command set or another ?

Thanks

don

Reply to
don

I have no idea. Nokia offers software for it but I never tried it because I didn't need this function. There is also other software but WRT the Nokia PC Suite you can read up on it here:

I have heard of people getting micro controllers to talk to it so I assume it's possible.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

you plan=20

After=20

matter=20

forever.

=20

same=20

cards=20

three months.

$100

Nothing there to see without digging.

jsp#pyg

That seems to be pretty much what my deal is. One difference is expiration with account balances maintained over $100, mine doesn't (yet).

=20

Reply to
JosephKK

?

No data port of any kind on my phone. No camera either.

Reply to
JosephKK

as

SMS ?

different=20

05r14102=20

Slightly modified/extended AT command set. Required by PCCA Std. 100. (Dates from the CDPD days.) Also required for ITU V.90 and V.92.

Reply to
JosephKK

amounts of=20

service=20

Bi-directional=20

of this=20

Caribbean=20

Units will=20

networks=20

it's=20

coverage?=20

areas=20

Service

than

one=20

there.

bands.

and=20

have=20

location.

Still

=20

And just when was this? Say about 4-5 years ago?

Reply to
JosephKK

Are you sure about the data port? It doesn't have one of those wide connectors on the bottom? Even my cheap Nokia has that and this 2115i ought to be the true no-frills economy model here.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

plan

months.

Well, that's how those web sites usually are. For whatever reason. Maybe some script kiddies have reached the suit and tie phase by now, mortgage, kids, the whole nine yards ;-)

Sorry, but then my deal is indeed better. No expiration, regardless of balance :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

this

will

location.

Not that long. I met a guy while walking the dogs and asked him about this strange antenna, thinking he might have found the golden trick to make this %#*@!! digital TV work. Then he explained it all. Even switching later ain't that easy if you bought some integrated deal for your business (he runs an engineering firm). Not easy to unravel.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

as

SMS ?

It only has a charging jack.

Reply to
JosephKK

you plan=20

After=20

matter=20

forever.

think=20

same=20

cards=20

three months.

$100

as

=20

sp#pyg

Maybe, maybe not, yours has a $10 monthly i believe you said. Mine has none. Better depends on your usage pattern as well.

days.=20

Reply to
JosephKK

Now that is truly low end. The Yugo of cell phones :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

plan

months.

It's $5/mo. But no expiration. Those $5 turn into about 28 minutes that remain in your account.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I missed which service this is.

Is it local to you or nationwide ??

don

Reply to
don

Virgin Mobile. Not sure if they still offer the same rates to new subscribers, unfortunately they seem to have thoroughly screwed up their web site.

Nationwide, they ride piggyback on the Sprint network. I never had to pay any roaming which was a non-negotiable condition for me because I use the phone only on biz travel. Be careful, roaming charges with other carriers can be a major rip-off.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

area you plan=20

away. After=20

no matter=20

forever.

think=20

the same=20

cards=20

three months.

maintain $100

as

Maybe=20

sp#pyg

of=20

cards=20

days.=20

So there it is, pump it once a month for about $0.18/min or pump it maybe annually for $0.25/min (alternatively $1.00 each day of use [any call in or out] + $0.10/min). So it really comes down to your usage pattern and which plan suits you best.

Reply to
JosephKK

plan

After

matter

same

months.

The per minute cost almost doesn't matter with my paltry usage. But expirations do matter, big time. So I had to make sure there are none.

However, now they have goofed the web site and I can't get the statements anymore :-(