Windows is even more evil than we thought

On Mon, 07 Sep 2015 07:47:19 -0700, mike Gave us:

He gets back the same plate of shit him and the other bastards have fed me for years.

You are the clueless one, as you do not know the history.

Tell them that.

See above.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Mon, 07 Sep 2015 09:43:52 -0700, Jim Thompson Gave us:

Says Jim Tripeson.... the one who feels as though he is above his own law. Steven Seagal would light you up, boy.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I do not mind; i knew i was clueless; my question was an obvious indicator.

Reply to
Robert Baer

On Mon, 07 Sep 2015 09:50:13 -0700, Robert Baer Gave us:

Looks like you know nothing about landlord mentality stupidity either.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

There is a threshold of usage to make a new word into an "official" word. Congratulations, you just provided the usage that bumped it over the threshold. :)

--

Rick
Reply to

Get it quick before he declares bankruptcy... again.

--

Rick
Reply to

Yup, seems to work for every other word - ad absurdum. Have you been bibled, or carred or buildinged lately ?

Reply to
jurb6006

Why do we call them "buildings", when they're clearly done, and not "builts"? :-)

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation

Just go away, Nymbecile. Don't you know when you're not wanted?

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

A fairly apt description of you, AlwaysWrong.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 13:12:33 -0400, rickman Gave us:

While at the same time, he tells those attending his "press conferences" that he makes $400M a year.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 10:17:30 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Gave us:

Idiots! A numeric keypad includes a ZERO key. Now think about the average soldier's IQ and think about why your suggestion would fail. (even with the smarter ones)

Now think about why the chosen term is absolutely succinct with reference to its intended function. AND is spelled out fully.

Maybe you'll actually get a clue.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 12:40:51 -0500, "Tim Williams" Gave us:

Think "assembleage".

Do we call a ship a shippage? Or a shipping?

Actually, they are more properly referred to as a "structure", and that IS what nearly all governments and their agencies refer to them as.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

In this case, and it's not uncommon, it's a technical term (jargon) that has a very specific meaning. It doesn't just mean write zeros to the key, rather do it in a cryptographically sound manner. In our case, after writing all zeros (to wipe the keys as quickly as possible), but then writing patterns of '1's and '0's to make sure there was no residual that could be read.

Reply to
krw

Thank G_D!

Reply to
Robert Baer

Bankrupt WRT $1,000M or so..

Reply to
Robert Baer

The manufacturer of the modular transmitter can make modifications. The manufacturer of the device that contains the modular transmitter is not meant to be able to.

Some devices don't use modular transmitters. For example, the WIFI routers I own have the transmitter circuitry on the same chip as the processor, and the entire device is certified as a whole. If the new rules purported to require that the manufacturer of the device lock it down to prevent software changes, then that would be a concern, but the new rules do not go that far, it seems to me.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Not necessarily, though if they do, *they* have to pass the certs.

If that's true, the rules are pretty meaningless (not that government would ever do stupid things).

Reply to
krw

There's a good-looking script on Github for fixing the Win7/8 telemetry problem (for the moment at least). It seems pretty thorough, but of course there are no guarantees of perfection.

Do make a system restore point and burn a repair disc first!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

You have actually been able to do that? I know that there is _supposed_ to be a system restore point, but they have never existed (Win2K, WinXP, Win7) and i do not know how to create one (much less how to get to it if it exists).

And so-called "repair" disks (for anything) have NEVER been useful; t*ts on a boar hog are more useful.

Reply to
Robert Baer