Wide band amp basics

Hello Claus,

Check AD and other web sites for app notes. This is no big deal with opamps anymore these days.

If you need a really stiff output you can use buffers. I bought a whole lot of LH0063 before they became hard to obtain. These make powerful RF buffers and go to DC.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

I need to build a wide band amp for laboratory experiments.

Could someone with expertise in this area briefly list the design considerations, trade-offs, etc. for the specs below.

I just need a starting point and idea of what can be practically achieved without undue cost or complexity, ie. a common op amp and a few transistors.

Specs:

DC to 10MHz, 100MHz if possible. Single supply operation. Prefer 12V. Low impedance input, ie. sensor coil with suitable series resistor.

10W output into a resistive load. As much gain as I can reasonably get.

Thank you,

Claus

Reply to
Claus Jensen

----- Original Message ----- From: "Claus Jensen" Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 2:35 PM Subject: Wide band amp basics

Hello Claus,

What is the value of the resistive load?

If your resistor value is 50Ohm, then you need a much higher supply voltage.

You should be aware of P=U*U/R

U is the effective value of the voltage applied to the load resistor R.

Best regards, Helmut

Reply to
Helmut Sennewald