Why Adding a Voltage Amplifier after a Transimpedance Amplifier reduce BW? Book Claim by 0.64

Hey John...I'm always looking to improve my prototyping skills...What

If you want pretty, dead bug will break your heart. ;)

Of course you can just waste a bit of material--cut it roughly but half an inch oversize, then trim it afterwards. You can get cyanoacrylate in

1-oz bottles, which last for 3 years or so.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

up correctly. Between

g configuration

e wired up properly.

dboard, as John suggested. Those things are slabs of misery, for sure.

.

rappy

and

unds.

ther day,

per clad.

6_Top.JPG

you use to cut away your copper on your prototypes? I just use a razor and slice back and forth, but then I may create shorts when I fill that part w ith solder. I see your prototypes have a pretty good clearance when cutting away the copper to make isolated pads.

"

" Some copper clad goes bad right away, I've got other pieces I've used again and again, No finger prints, no nothing. (And I'm a known finger print guy, I leave hand prints all over the machine shop... too much garlic or onion, or something.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

So, Felipe, did that fix it?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

all c-multiplier

we'll try using a x10

Ultimately, I had to move on so I have not resolved the issue. The co-worke r that was prototyping it changed it to a non-inverting amp. Met the specs of the physicist and he doesn't want me to touch the prototype for the time being. Currently, I'm working on the balanced PD design in your book/paper s. I may be posting questions about that later this week.

I do plan on getting back to it when time permits. I was thinking about doi ng a PCB with various PD configurations this coming holiday weekend. That w ay, I can build up each one individually, test them, and hopefully learn a thing or two. Thinking about posting the designs in this group for your guy s' review if that's alright?

Reply to
Felipe Jimenez

Sure thing. This group (like all of Usenet) is really a water-cooler typediscussion area--sort of like /r/electronics except that the crowd is more professional and much more experienced (read 'old'). ;)

Folks who aren't interested will just ignore the thread.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs