Where to buy power transformer toroids?

I'm wondering if anyone knows an online source in the U.S. where a hobbyist could buy silicon steel toroids in small quantities, suitable for winding small off-line power transformers? The power rating of the finished transformer would be something like 50VA. TIA!

Reply to
Bitrex

"Bitrex"

** So YOU are well able to wind 1800 turns of enamelled Cu wire for the primary - in and out of the centre hole - by hand no problem - right ??

Plus many layers of polyester wrap insulation and make it all taught and vibration free.

Then add a secondary of a few more hundred turns and get that right too.

Why not let a winding machine do it for you for almost nothing ??

Lemme guess - you are stupid ?

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

for

ight ??

yeh winding the primary by hand is no fun if it is even doable. something like this

has the primary, only need to add secondaries, but unless he needs a really strange configuration of voltages why bother ...

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Thanks, that transformer kit looks like it will do nicely!

Reply to
Bitrex

I was looking at the manual for the Tek TM506 yesterday (a rack for various plugins). The mains power transformer has 16 secondaries! :)

--

John Devereux
Reply to