EFD20 Bobbin?

I'm trying to wind 3 x 26AWG twisted on a EFD20 bobbin and it's really a PITA. Would there be a significant increase in winding capacitance if I just use single strands in parallel? The rms current in the primary is 2.2A primary turns of 9. It's for a 15W flyback.

Reply to
Hammy

Switching frequency?

Reply to
mook johnson

Whoops sorry it's 100kHz.

Reply to
Hammy

The usual arguement for using twisted wire to widn a transformer is to minimise the leakage inductance (not capacitance) and to make the three windings involved as nearly identical as possible (to one part in more than ten million, if you do it right - which is of interest in ratio transformers, and pretty much irrelevant for the windings of a flyback converter).

I wouldn't have though that it would have made much difference to the inter-winding capacitance; twisting the wires will mean that they will be - on average - a little further apart that wires laid in parallel, but that isn't going to make much of a difference.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman