What ever happened to red LED displays?

There's even an acronym for them: RLR (red LED readouts). They're as much of a cliche as the fruit trucks or fruit stands that get clobbered in every single car chase.

P.S. Why can't hollywood ever show an accurate depiction of a computer? I can kind of understand the exagerations with gunfire and bombs; most people don't come in contact with gunfire and bombs in everyday life. However, who hasn't seen a real life working computer? Some of us even use them in daily life! Hollywood can accurately show common objects such as doors and stairs without them dancing around, but not computers.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

program

I believe you've answered your own question. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

program

Ya know ... that very thought blazed into my consciousness soon after I posted. Actually it was after remembering a recent TV program strategy: the mid-program recap. My reaction, the first time I saw this (a week or two ago), was "W_ T__ F___!" A recap. that shows what we saw a couple minutes ago??!

I need another project. I shall place a stopwatch next to the potato couch and time usable content in each program I view. Results might surprise even me.

--
Michael
Reply to

"The author of this message requested that it not be archived. This message will be removed from Groups in ... days"

Would you kindly change your usenet-posting settings and stop this nonsense, which damages the stored conversation threads?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

The Bush administration has restricted their availability. If they can prevent terrorists from obtaining red 7-segment LED displays, their ability to manufacture bombs will be curtailed.

Matter cannot be created or destroyed, nor can it be returned without a
receipt.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

How about flux capacitors ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

The reality is there were not any replies worth savng

Reply to
gfretwell

Specifically the kinds of bombs you see in spy movies, right?

Reply to
mc

Yes, that was the joke. Well done.

Tim