weird reboots of embedded pc

I haven't studied this question, but I know that as soon as I can get my hands on a processor and OS that supports the Execute Disable Bit, I am going to switch top that and never look back.

Reply to
Guy Macon

Wireless devices like keyboards and mice are not reliable around airports.

Once I install a radio station that had a power voltage regulator that behaved in a very strange way. With the transmitter connected to the dummy load everything was fine, Filtering the line that fed the control circuit, fixed the problem.

Vlad

Reply to
Vlad

Thankyou everyone for your suggestions. A lot of useful info in there :).

It has been decided to use a standard PC case in the existing machines, hopefully this will sort it out. Also we will make a much better attempt at grounding things.

For the future, the enclosures will be made with metalic frames (well grounded) and _REAL_ embedded boards will be used, no more cheap pc crap :).

The motherboard changes already would have covered the extra cost for using good quality embedded boards. Oh well. Live and learn :).

Regarding comments about humidity and anti-static carpet spray's, for obviouse reasons the environment can not be under our direct control all the time, so whatever we do has to be pretty tough. Other machines seem to handle it fine.

Thanks again

Alex.

Reply to
Quack

Using a metal PC case won't stop ppl discharging themselves into the controls though !

You need to ensure that the user interface ( touchscreen and switch ) doesn't allow a path for electrostatic discharges that simply fly through the interface board and upset the PC's internals.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear