Water descalers and electronics ?

Well, here's what they say anyway --

"Our descalers handle any commercial application from 1/4 " up to 8" pipe s= ize. Designed for indoor/outdoor installation. Extremely powerful, up to 20= Amps of power. Easy to install, without cutting pipes. Automatically works= on 110 or 220 VAC with our internationally approved power supplies."=20

"Our latest design incorporates static plus dynamic electro-magnetic fields= with the widest range of automatic frequency sweep in the industry (from 2= kilohertz to 2 megahertz) and more recently random noise generated Spread = Spectrum technology which considerably widens the range of frequencies inje= cted into the water."

Huh ?

What's going on here, if anything. 2khz to 2mhz? and the RF is doing what?

There is one on TV that is called "Hydrocare" -- just snaps on about 5" of = pipe! ??

Ultrasonic models as well and this RF device are out there.

BUT -- are they hogwash? Effective? -- Semi effective?

Reply to
mkr5000

I misdoubt that they improve dihydrogenmonoxide's ability to clean porcine quadrupeds.

If you buy one, they have effectively moved money from you to the weasels that sell them. That's pretty much what they do. They follow the time-tested methods of Barnumology.

If you want to soften your water, buy a water softener and fill it with salt. Or an RO unit, depending on what you need.

Ecnerwal

ay.

Everybody KNOWS how magentic fields affect the water molecule, calcium ions, and ions in general; 'shaking' them loose generally disrupting them so they CANNOT form scale! gets flushed right through the system, because it can't stop.

If you believe that, I have land in Florida for sale?.

Reply to
Robert Macy

"Magentic" fields? Something special about the color magenta ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

Seems like nonsense to me -- just wanted to hear you guys bash it.

Let me mention their name again in case they want to sue me for slander --

Hydro care or is that Hydrocare.

I'll let Google do the rest.

Reply to
mkr5000

he

away.

A colleague found this in one of the airline magazines and sent it to me.

You just gotta keep those spins allinged :^)

George H.

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

ide quoted text -

Reply to
George Herold

away.

[snip]

"Allinged"? As seen on TV ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

Indeed it is:

I'm amazed that the newscast ("A Sommelier Tests the Vintage Express" -- from King 5 TV out of Seattle) would let you perform an "experiment" where *you* say, "here's bottle #1, try it and remember it," and then, "here's bottle #2, which -- trust me -- is absolutely identical to bottle #1 except it's been through our magic device... see if it's any better?"

I mean, come on, you don't need to be Uri Geller to scam people with that setup!

Reply to
Joel Koltner

I got suckered once... the boiled egg sheller thingy... looked so good on TV I couldn't resist :-)

It _smashes_ boiled eggs _really_ well :-(

On the other hand, my wife is quite happy with that refrigerator storage thingy, multi-sized square containers with snap-on lids, on a pull-out shelf carousel.

Apparently no longer available, and she wants refills :-( ...Jim Thompson

w the

with

go away.

,

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

Oh it's a technical NMR term. Pronounced "All-inged" It's what happens when you hit the spins with a chirped pi pulse. They are all pinged.... shortened to allinged.

Did I mention I can't spell.

:^)

George H.

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

ide quoted text -

Reply to
George Herold

away.

[snip]

I am perpetually zinged by the spell checker... it always chooses counter to my intent :-( ...Jim Thompson

Hey, you can't slander an outfit that can't even SPELL the main principle of their supposed system!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

an

llow the

it with

ill go away.

cium

ng

tem,

)

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

But then again Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson was probably choosing the wrong word anyway. You can't blame the spell-checker for failing to be wrong in the way that Jim Thompson has gotten into what mind he's got left.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

size. Designed for indoor/outdoor installation. Extremely powerful, up to 20 Amps of power. Easy to install, without cutting pipes. Automatically works on

110 or 220 VAC with our internationally approved power supplies."

with the widest range of automatic frequency sweep in the industry (from 2 kilohertz to 2 megahertz) and more recently random noise generated Spread Spectrum technology which considerably widens the range of frequencies injected into the water."

pipe!

Sounds like snake oil - which might be more effective..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Naw..use a sledge hammer to soften the water..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Absolutely! The color that one sees when they realize they got royally hornswoggled.

Reply to
Robert Baer

It's pretty complicated stuff, here's a bit of a forum on it,

It depends on what we mean by *soft* water. It's usually measured in 'grains'. The unit may improve water quality in some way but I can't see how it softens it. Ken

Reply to
Ken S. Tucker