Want some electronics research topic!

Hi All

I am a last year Electronic Engg student and about to start a research project and I want a topic that will have very big demand in future, but I can't think of something extraordinary, so can anyone please suggest me some innovative ideas. I am open to any hybrid topics as well.

Thanks in Advance Pankaj Trivedi.

Reply to
y2kvickyindia

Devices with social functions, like the cell phone and the dildo.

The computer fills several social functions, as newsgroup client, as chat client, as a way to find others. For serious discussions, democratic functions, individual freedom.

Think about the individual in the modern world, his needs and wishes. In what way can electronics help him or her?

When considering what devices to build and sell, don't forget the add-on market to other devices, like add-ons for the computer or cellphone.

There is a lot of new stuff to learn about and learn to use in the modern society, like the right to become a member of a workers union, how to raise a child, how to become influential politically as a citizen, such things are information processing functions for the individual, which electronics can help with.

--
 Roger J.
Reply to

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

What about efficient CDMA (-> UMTS) or OFDM (802.11g) Power Amplifiers. Seems that there is much to do in that area *g*.

Reply to
Paul Wagner

If we could come up with a half decent idea that there would be demand in the future, we would be producing that idea and making our fortunes, rather then answering daft NG posts like this.

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

Facial recognition: They (whoever they are) would love to have working face recognition capabilities. Perhaps you could look at hardware accelerating the process in an FPGA or something like that.

video and audio compression: You can research optimal techniques for compressing audio without loss, or for compressing audio and video with acceptable loss and minimal computation at the decompress stage.

MOS gate current leakage: Static and dynamic current leakage are becoming bigger and bigger problems in highly-integrated designs. If you can come up with schemes for reducing either or both, that would be a good thing. I think Transmeta has some cool way of reducing leakage current. They may have a patent on it. It may involve back-biasing parts of the circuit when they are not in use.

Ultra wideband radar or communications systems: The FCC is allowing some experimentation with ultra Wideband. There are loads of potentially interesting applications.

That's all that comes to mind quickly.

Reply to
Mac

I Know that very well, but at times its human courtesy to help other by giving them some suggestion if not the idea itself. Anyway thanks for your time.

Cheers Pankaj.

Reply to
y2kvickyindia