Voltage Gain Switch (Design Help)

I have. LTSpice runs quite will under wine. Mike at Linear tweeked it a bit to make sure it did so.

Don't try LTSpice under "bochs". You will be old and grey before the sim finishes.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Ken Smith a écrit :

wrote:

Or replace R1 with a cap, which will give a nice dual functions circuit.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

I see the 74hc4052 with the enable tied low will guarantee that one of the 4 switches will always be on, so that one of the 4 gains will always be selected, and it handles 2 channels if they both always want the same gain.

There are some seminar notes at Apex which discuss gain switching with relays (pp 26-27 in pdf, seminar pp 34-35}:

They refer to switching the feedback as "bad", but with the hc4052 switch configured so as not to allow open feedback it might be "best".

Glen

Reply to
Glen Walpert

The 74HC4052 (at least the version I designed for OnSemi) has a break-before-make circuit built-in... built it's only ~3ns... not many OpAmps will react to that.

I would expect most of the temporary upset to be due to capacitance of the nodes of the feedback network.

Charge injection is ~6pC worst case.

...Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson ha escrito:

Where did you get the 4052's SPICE model ? Or did you make it yourself ? I`ve searched for it in the net high and low, and I can`t find it. PSpice model for 4051 would be great :)

Reply to
leo2100

I redesigned ON Semi's whole line of analog switches and a number of the 'HC' and 'LVX' logic parts as well.

So I have ALL the models _at_the_device_level_, i.e. very accurate ;-)

But I can't share :-( NDA's require my silence.

...Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson ha escrito:

I understand.

Still, if anyone could point me in the right direction for a model of this device, I would be grateful :)

Reply to
leo2100

[snip]

I don't know if anyone has spun such a model, but you could probably make your own using a voltage controlled switch (Spice VSwitch), an R-C for delay, and a resistor to set the switch on value.

...Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson ha escrito:

Now you can`t throw that off to me like that :), you need to get a little graphical and specific about the analog part. The logic converter and the decoder are easy to do, but I wonder how to stuff all those things inside a single part in PSpice (so I only have to place my

4051, like a normal part), I don`t know even if it is possible. If you could hint how to do it, I`ll search for the rest of the stuff in the help.

Thanks ;)

Reply to
leo2100

Read thru the help, a "Part" can actually reference a complete schematic.

The easiest way for novices to make their own part is to copy an existing part, then change attributes (and "Set Schematic") to match your needs.

But you're probably using OrCAD Capture, which is a real bear to use :-(

...Jim Thompson