vitally important question

In the old RCA Victor "His Master's Voice" ads, what was the dog's name?

John

Nipper.

Cheers, James

Reply to
James Arthur

"John Larkin"

Wot a lazy shit you are.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Lazy? Sure. I got the answer, and you did the work.

John

Right, I was thinking Skipper or something like that.

I never showed much talent for remembering dogs' names.

John

Nipper.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Yeah but he'd need to know the name in the first place to know that.

Much better.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

It's the opposite with us. "No, I mean that couple that always walks Bobo, the black lab".

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Since GE sold off the RCA name to the French Thomson Group, shouldn't the dawgs name also be in French? Google thinks the translation is Gamin (or Gamine if female), which roughly means "kid".

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

a7yvm109gf5d1@ netzero.com wrote:

Not really. See below.

...or simply start this way:

's-name-is-*
's-Voice+dog's-name-is-*

This far into the 21st Century, search engines are quite useful.

Reply to
JeffM

"Phil Allison"

** Nonsense.

I used " hmv " in Google to get the HMV wiki - which has the story of the logo.

Then clicked on the "nipper" link to get the Nipper wiki.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

So you're a motivator! :)