Vibrating device in cellphones

I need to source a transducer capable of imparting a vibration to a (blind) user, probably in the 5..25Hz region, for use on a blind navigation device in situations where the users ears are otherwise occupied

Was thinking of the transducers used in pagers and cellphones. Does anyone know of an OEM source of such devices ?. cheers M

Reply to
moby

yep google for pager motors

tons of stuff out there e.g.

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

They are available to retrofit into some mobile phones. Ebay would be worth a go.

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Bingo ! I had no idea what pagers used to wobble - There even seems to be a healthy trade in these itty bitty motors out there. Thanks ! M

Reply to
moby