Vbe stuff

No. It's just to fill the page ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Pease knows that he has to come up with a page of blather once a month, and he does. Check the latest Electronics Design to see his vacation pictures.

But Electronics Design is mainly blather, so he fits right in.

John

I am only passing on what i read over 10 years ago..

Reply to
Robert Baer

When i have some spare time, i will try just the E-B junction and use a transistor socket wired up for the purpose. Other than measuring the environment (21C) and letting the transistor "soak" in it for over 1/2 hour, how do you suggest i "measure" the transistor temperature? A Tektronix 7D13 that measures temperature with an external transistor agrees with other measurements of the environment temperature; and i used the same MPSA42.

Reply to
Robert Baer

The measurement i made of the MPSA452 in DCT mode at 21C was significantly lower than what Mr Pease stated (implied as fact for virtually all transistors).

Why do i have to repeat this so many times?

Reply to
Robert Baer

I've already remarked, but you've ignored... E-B ONLY will confuse you even further than you already are.

Maybe you should pump gas for a living ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Why do you keep ignoring what others tell you, and get with the fact that Pease is not only a confusing twit, but you are twisting it even further.

VOLTAGE DOESN'T MEAN SHIT, ONLY DELTA!

...Jim Thompson

Work for taco bell?

prove it.