Using RTC on its Own

I envy the bomb makers. They don't need to worry about WEEE.

Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman

And don't forget the buzzer to beep each time the second changes. And one of those wires must be red and the other blue - you're not allowed to use all black or all grey wires like other electornics hobbyist.

Reply to
slebetman

I suspect that you misunderstand the working of the RTC - it is not like an electric clock motor that will just start again from where it left off. If power is removed, the chip will forget everything and require connection to a microprocessor again. I think you require a chip that is powered by (long life) battery and can have its timing function stopped and started from an external contact.

Geo

Reply to
Geo

Sounds like you could use a lowly 22V10 instead of a uC.

--
JosephKK
Gegen dummheit kampfen Die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.

Now that would be a good challenge.

How would you do that ???

Donald