Unusual functions of cheap parts

Win, I did a lot of digging and the best I can find is five glass

1N4004s. I have either used up all of the glass 1N4007s, or didn't but them back into the right place the last time I used some of them. Are they high enough voltage to test your circuit? If they are, E-mail me with a shipping address, and I'll send them to you. I appreciate the offer of the parts, but I am to the point that I don't feel well enough to do anything at my workbench. It has been about 18 months since I felt like trying to do anything, and most of my test equipment was water damaged in the 2004 hurricanes. Its just too depressing to try to work with what little is left.
prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That sucks. Sorry it happened to you.

clifto

Yeah. I have some extra instruments not doing anything, if you feel well enough not to use that as an excuse. I get stuff real cheap on eBay, and sometimes Harvard types are too proud to use it. And they also give me stuff nobody wants. A perfectly-fine HP oscilloscope, for example. Before anybody makes a remark, yes I've used HP scopes, used them in EE lab years ago, and have a 500MHz 4-channel Infinium plus an Agilent's 300MHz MSO on my bench now, so hide that smirk. :-)

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

People are funny. I had a 2 MHz scope once, did lots with it. You can use scopes well above their f_max with a simple envelope detector.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

In article , wrote: [....]

I had one with about a 30KHz bandwidth. The nice thing about it was that you could switch to driving the plates externally.

It got lost in a flood :<

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

As reluctant as I am to contradict a fart who's even older than me, if it's glass, it isn't a 1N4004:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, I've been known to disdain HP scopes because their sync sucks, and their knobs have terrible backlash, but at that price, hey, beggars can't be choosers!

You already have my snail mail address - third or fourth class can't be that expensive - I've gone some years without a scope - a couple more weeks certainly isn't going to do me any harm!

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I've used H-P scopes, too. They're perfectly fine scopes if you don't need triggered sweep[1]. Some of them even play games.

[1] even those old Telequipment units would trigger on *some* waveforms.
clifto

So, you think that a single datasheet covers all manufacturers, and all production runs? Once again, you show a great lack of understanding. I have several glass 1N4004 diodes in front of me.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

400 PIV?
Reply to
Homer J Simpson

You're probably wrong, of course, as Michael Terrell points out, but I'll have to admit that's an impressive list, and I love the manufacturer's logos, 26 of them, all lined up. Sigh, I only have datasheets from 20, stored in my computer. But, I have them from Won-Top, Leshan Radio, Gulf Semi, Formosa Micro, Dachang, and Bytesonic, to name a few they don't have, SFAICS. Plus, I have multiple versions from several of the companies. So there!

So many files, so little time.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Correction, they had Leshan Radio, listed as LRC. What a great site,** now I have 1n4000-series data from 35 manufacturers. That's got to be a record. Maybe I can stop now. [smile]

** They do append their own announcement page, "This datasheet has been download from:
- Datasheets for electronics components." but at least it's on the last page.
--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Sure. Why not? They are as big as the plastic versions.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida