United Nations trying to standardize wall warts

[snip]

They need to concentrate on things like conflict-free diamonds. I bought one for the wife, but she still picks fights.

Don't let your mind wander -- it's too little to be let out alone.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

No, 5V is just fine. USB is the question mark. The "spec" isn't enough to charge something like an iPad in a reasonable amount of time. Even a cell phone is really pushing it at a half amp.

It's not an "implementation of a handshake" at all. The decision about how to charge is made by sensing resistors on the device. If they're not there, the normal USB handshake goes on. Of course, USB limits the charge to .5A. Some *chargers* don't like the load up to that point.

It's done all the time but only if this is a requirement of the charger. MicroChip has some interesting solutions for this.

Reply to
krw

G > But why the United Nations? PH > They need to concentrate on things like PH > conflict-free diamonds. I bought one PH > for the wife, but she still picks fights. Droll, very droll.

Reply to
Greegor

Next time buy a bigger one. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

As that great Texas sage, Ron White, opines...

...Jim Thompson

Bigger wife?

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ Disclaimer - These opiini^H^H damn! ^H^H ^Q ^[ .... :w :q :wq :wq! ^d exit X Q ^C ^? :quitbye CtrlAltDel ~~q :~q logout save/quit :!QUIT ^[zz ^[ZZZZZZ ^H man vi ^@ ^L ^[c ^# ^E ^X ^I ^T ? help helpquit ^D man quit ^C ^c ?Quit ?q CtrlShftDel "Hey, what does this button d..."

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Now now....

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Your call. Next time get the extended warranty.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

(Married for 30 years to the same woman, and liking it)

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Married to the same woman for just shy of 54 years and liking it. Pick someone you _like_, and make sure you like her mother as well >:-} ...Jim Thompson