Undamped meter, just for fun.

On a sunny day (Mon, 12 Aug 2019 10:30:50 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Think about it, if you want to stop a generator, don't you think the lower the shorting resistance the more it breaks? So, short it. Negative where is that for sale?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

No idea what a firestick it (some sort of ancient lighter I presume ;-)

It is a DVB-T2 digital terrestrial radio and TV tuner, recorder too if you plug a USB stick in it plus it can show youtube in HD (if you connect it to a LAN). read the description in the link:

Not sure it is of use to 'merricans, maybe those do not have DVB-T2 or use other frequencies or whatever.

Terrestrial transmissions here are at:

look under MHz.

Yea, not enough space here. Anyways I have done AM rx when I was very very young using my metal bed spiral as antenna secretly listening with my crystal radio at night to radio plays... Most AM transmitters are now turned off here I think? I have done 40 M and shorter as radio ham, have a nice antenna tuner so the antenna matching is never a problem can even match it to a metal fence if it must be. For the shortwave bands there are those small active things, see below at end of posting, Anyways DX? we have QO100 satellite now, most of Europe Asia, Middle East and some Brasil via satellite with signal as clear as local FM, including amateur digital TV, web receiver here:

with just a satellite dish. I have several shortwave receivers, SSB too, not much to hear on those band you describe some Chinese stations transmitting in English, is BBC still there? Weaterfax on long wave, why make it so hard on yourself, I took down my 27 MHz / 10 m GPA long ago,

I am just waiting for a better low noise (Dr. Phil is working on that if I understand it right) receiver to watch the alien TV channels to see what is going on there. But more seriously those longer wave bands are severely polluted by our modern switch mode super efficient gadgets,,,

My DVB-T2 antenna is just a lemme see 10 cm (4 inches for the eeeh UK???) thing with magnetic base, For digital TV I put it in the window for better reception.

These sort of receive antennas for the shortwave seem to work well, need to try one one day, but too much noise here:

You can listen to it on the web-sdr here:

There is no end to what can be written on the subject, better stop here.

2 meter and 70 cm is still mainly noise free here,
Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Wouldn't it be best to match the impedance for maximum power transfer?

--

  Rick C.

  -+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

As for me, I really like Firestick a lot, it is a great device. I have inst alled a lot of cool apps on it using the guides from

ow.com/kodi-addons.html and I like it so much! I recommend that you check t hat resource too, you will like it surely

Reply to
geremyj245

is

ntenna.669192/

.

hat take and what does it cost including the receiver?