unable to repond rto stepper messages

I had a look at the site recomended. jones stepper motors. I was hoping for a schematic that required no though on my part, looks like I will have to sit and try and come up with something. along the lines of a mosfet H bridge. not thought about it much, I really want it next week;-)

well something did cross my mind if one step advances it 1/200 th of a rev. what happens the first step? have i overlooked something your not neccessarioy going to be starting you pulses in phase with the motor, or are you?

is the motor 2 or 4 phase, it has 8 wires. if you cross certain pairs of wires it makes the motor extremely hard to turn. so i take it it's

4 phase bipolar ?

My first use of it only requires a motorised drive no control is necessary, I might try wiring it as 2 phase unipolar and making a simple controler that just allows one direction rotation.

cheers

Reply to
richard

My guess is that it is a two phase motor with a pair of windings for each phase, so they can be connected in parallel (for high speed H drive) or series (for low current H drive) or for unipolar drive (cheap but low efficiency).

If you can drive it with a motor and look at each of the pairs with a scope, you can figure out the phases and polarity.

Unipolar drive is normally 4 phase.

--
John Popelish
Reply to