U.S. Students Turning to Prostitution to Pay Exorbitant Tuition

...at thoroughly corrupt cesspools like NYU.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 09:13:26 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Gave us:

Pretty sad.

Maybe God should just let us all blow each other to bits. Humans are not worth much else.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

That's not new. Some college students have long resorted to escort service or sugar daddies or working spouses ("starter wives") to help them pay the way. But it's probably more common lately.

The cost of a college education is indeed a scandal. It used to be that an energetic kid could work their way through college without peddling their ass or taking out massive loans.

It's a cabal of crooks plundering the country for all it's worth:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Hey, Fred, what do you do for fun?

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

What are you, some kind of kid?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

That is exactly what I did. But I don't think it can be done these days, even at state institutions. Not unless you have a job paying what you will get after the degree...

--

Rick
Reply to

Speak for yourself Nymbecile. You may be worthless but don't assume everyone else is.

Do you really believe in god?

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

OK, you never have fun. I suspected that.

A full-time sugar daddy relationship isn't prostitution, it's a mutually beneficial relationship. It has similarities to marriage or conventional living together.

I guess that depends on how you define prostitution.

--

Rick
Reply to

I knew a girl doing the escort thing when I was in school back in 1997 - prices were starting to get outrageous even then.

NYU isn't even that costly a school in the grand scheme of things, but I absolutely agree with the sentiment about college costs. However, there is a problem in this statement:

"I did it because I believed I had earned my place here. I did it because I refused to believe that my family's socio-economic status should prevent me from getting the best education I could."

Essentially: "I went ahead and did something I knew myself and my family probably couldn't afford, because I felt entitled to it. Then I was surprised that things went to hell when I found out that I indeed couldn't afford it."

Unfortunately, regardless of one's ideals, sometimes one has to operate within the confines of the way the world _is_, not the way one wants it to be.

Reply to
bitrex

On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 13:21:45 -0700 (PDT), Lasse Langwadt Christensen Gave us:

Here, phishy, phishy, phishy....

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

It's never been unusual. Though, given the courts today, I suspect the "starter wives" phenomenon is pretty much over. I know I still have mine. ;-)

Another important industry the government screwed up.

Reply to
krw

With looks like _THAT_??? A porcupine is better!

Reply to
Robert Baer

Hey, speaking of, is Bernie going to be disseminating his cancer cure?

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat