TWI code example for two AVR

Then you don't need to consider master-slave operation.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

uhm... what u mean??

Reply to
pidy

It means you just need to configure one of the AVR as a slave and the other as a master. Should be pretty easy.

I suggest you setup the master first and than test it with a known working slave, perhaps eeprom. Once that is working setup the other AVR as a slave and work on it until the entire system is working.

It may be helpful to have storage scope or logic analyzer to check the bus, if you get stuck.

C source for slave and master is available from atmel or avrfreaks, its the asm code that's a bit harder to find from my experience (but it exists as well).

check avr310,avr311 and others

SioL

Reply to
SioL

Exactly what I'd do too.

I've never needed it. It's so easy to code it's hardly worth that kind of trouble.

Philips ( NXT ) have or did have asm51 code for I2C.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

trouble.

The "hardware" TWI/I2C on Tiny26 is truly lame, I got stuck there.

Mega8 for example with true hw I2C is so much easier. So is just banging two pins via SW.

SioL

Reply to
SioL

You're supposed to study the master code, and figure out how to implement the slave.

That's why it's called "school".

It's not a difficult assignment, if you've been paying attention in class so far.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise