Invention:

in

of them

text -

Look what I found:

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Obama got one for nothing, which is exactly what they are worth.

enough left over to pay them.

   Sometimes Friday is just the fifth Monday of the week. :(
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It might even have cost him money, depending on how the tax situation was handled:- \

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Yeah. Sifting through the stack. Some indeed claim to do a bit better than Poisson statistics.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen

On a sunny day (Fri, 29 Mar 2013 07:12:21 -0700 (PDT)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in :

AE Art -of- Electronics?

Have you read my comments about GWB invading Iraq?

An idiot. See my other reply to Fuerer Hobbz

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

What would he care? He'll just take more taxpayer cash and stash it somewhere, just in case it still has any value after he leaves office.

enough left over to pay them.

   Sometimes Friday is just the fifth Monday of the week. :(
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

ice?

Yes, Coulomb blockade stuff. There is another interesting device in which the charge transfer occurs as accumulation of Berry's phase.

OK, I must have too idealized picture about marvelousness of the squeezed states, and how complicated it is to create those. I've had a feeling that one needs parametric converters and nonlinear crystals and all sorts of exotic stuff...

Sorry, that's beyond me. You refer to Wigner representation? I have never built intuition into that. All I know about quantum optics comes from Louisell's book, and what little was covered in the many-body course a long time ago

- not very much.

Correct, although I was vaguely thinking something much more dumb-headed, like the electron flow simply imprinting the photon flow. But of course bunching would increase Fano factor and not decrease it. Also the blackbody photon bunching is not the same thing as electron statistics of the Johnson noise. Sloppy thinking.

Regards, Mikko

Reply to
Mr Stonebeach

They seem to do just the standard time-dependent perturbation theory, but they do it in the full density matrix formalism. So, it would take more wading through equations than I feel like doing now, to see where the trick is done.

Did you notice that Lamb and Scully explicitly say in the first page of this paper that they don't think (i) blackbody radiation, (ii) Compton effect, (iii) spontaneous emission or (iv) Lamb shift, could be explained without quantizing the EM field - i.e. introducing the photon concept? They only claim to cover the photoelectric effect in the paper.

Regards, Mikko

Reply to
Mr Stonebeach

of

particles

time

without a

of

experiments:

1.7

Well that give us a bit of an issue explaining photodiode shot noise.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

On 26/03/13 21.12, Glenn wrote: > On 26/03/13 20.25, Phil Hobbs wrote: > ,,, >> A photon doesn't have enough of the required properties to qualify as a >> 'thing', i.e. something self-existent. It's an elementary excitation of >> the EM field in a certain set of boundary conditions, not an object like >> a rock or an electron. We've gone over this several times in sci.optics, >> e.g.

. >> >> Cheers >> >> Phil Hobbs >> >> > > Truth about photons: > >

To Phil and Jeroen

15 February 2007, Physics web: Photons denied a glimpse of their observer:
Quote: "... To test for this possibility he thought of an experiment in which the decision to observe the photons is made only after they have been emitted. ..."

Illustration of Roch's experiment (not on-line anymore):

Quote: "... they could confirm with certainty that unobserved photons behave like waves (i.e. interfere), while observed photons behave like particles (i.e. do not interfere) ..."

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

The sneaky little buggers! ;-)

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen

He's made *lots* of rich friends, which are far more valuable (see: Clinton).

Reply to
krw

On a sunny day (Sun, 31 Mar 2013 16:18:44 +0200) it happened Jeroen wrote in :

It is so incredibly obvious that I really fail to understand why physisicks get confused about it,

Or even bother to show it yet again. How heavy the Alberto burden must lean on their brains.

If you take it one step further, the logical (IMNSHO) question to ask is then 'but what waves?' Fun, as Alberto had done away with aether too. He was even a bigger moron than mmm can't remember a precedent like that in history. Anyways, if something waves, then there could be an other _many many orders smaller_ particle involved, these days they babble about 'space is not empty but filled with virtual particles popping in and out of existence'. As mentioning 'aether' will likely get your publications shreddered.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

It was Michelson and Morley that nailed down the coffin lid on "aether"..

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

On a sunny day (Sun, 31 Mar 2013 11:31:47 -0700) it happened Fred Abse wrote in :

One of them never accepted the result, did more experiments, and found a signal. Einstein ridiculed it. Alberto never did an experiment is his life, so he already knew what experimenters should see: Alberto's theories.

Apart from that, that lightspeed constant in all directions contradicts in NO WAY the presence of a 'substance' (sjees..) as 'carrier' of EM radiation.

I have sometimes thought that, and recent experiment (China) claims to confirm that, that if gravity travels (its effect) at the speed of light, then PERHAPS Le Sage particles could be moving at the speed of light and carry it. That would unite gravity with EM radiation. Not sure about that and not sure if the Chinese and the previous other experiment that measured gravity speed were correct. A Le Sage aether? But o say: No there is no such thing and light is a particle traveling in a 'nothing' is retarded to say the least. So Alberto, away with his dogma (on speed too). If indeed there is a 'substance' then, and remember Maxwell's equations are in fact fluid based, then that substance need not be the same (density?) everywhere, also gravity need not travel at the same speed neither EM radiation everywhere, making our current view of Big Bang and what we think we see of the 'universe' probably a big joke. There is no end to dogma and misunderstanding in fisicks. But it has always been that way, even to say: I found it theory of everything, what not, Holy Alberto, church of relatitvity, hell you got to be mentally blind to believe that crap.

But it does not matter, I had a nice meal, a nice day programming in PIC asm remotely using my Raspberry Pi as PIC programmer, stuff so far works. Fun, your PIC programmer with board somewhere else, I just ssh -Y to it, assembler, programmer soft also located on the Pi. And FAST!!!! So, and no Alberto bothered me all day. Fun:-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

s/znrfamp2-el.htm

yne2.html

:

ple:

such

as

ed

ly

an

tion:

ten years

f them

.highlandtechnology.com  jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Hey, our polish secretary brought me some TD's on Dyngus day. Thanks!

Now all she needs are pussy willows and a squirt gun.

(The end of lent is cause for great celebration around here.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

ks

This comment reminds me of the ch16-1 of the Feynman lectures...

Regards, Mikko

Reply to
Mr Stonebeach

If quantum mechanics does not feel weird, you have not understood it.

(From QM lectures about half a century ago)

--

Tauno
Reply to

"Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood it."

- Niels Bohr

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

On a sunny day (Mon, 08 Apr 2013 21:11:35 +0300) it happened Tauno Voipio wrote in :

Half a century ago... Let me state something: *If things look like 'magic' or 'weird' THEN you have not understood it,* None of them physisicks understood it, all went for 'calculate and shutup', because of that old joke, I have told it many times on Usenet

This is cut and paste from what I posted many many years ago? 3 nuts are in the mad house. One day they all have to come to the Doctor, who will check if they are well enough to leave.

So the Doctor asks the first one: 'How much is 3 x 4?'. The first one answers: 'Saturday'. 'Wrong' the doctor says, 'you will have to stay a bit longer'. He asks the second one: 'How much is 3 x 4?'. 'January' is the reply. 'You will have to stay a bit longer too', the doctor replies. He then asks the third one: 'How much do you think is 3 x 4?'. '12' is the reply of the third one.

'Very good' the doctor says, 'you can get your things and leave now'.

And as he lets the third one out the door, the doctor casually asks: 'how did you come to that conclusion, that it is 12'?

'Simple' the person answered, 'I took Saturday and multiplied it by January'.

And there my friends is Albert Einstein. Right result, wrong reasoning.

And there is Feynman, and the whole parrot club.

Sure QM QED give the right result in some cases. But the reasoning is based on probabilities. Some time ago I wrote this about catman: They are the basic flaw. Yesterday I realized after stating that Copenhagen must be a horrible place, that I once was there for a conference. I usually go a day early so I can actually find the place, the hotel, and get familiar with the surroundings. Also I needed to find a travel agency to arrange the trip to the next conference place, which was in Denver US. So, anyways, after checking into the hotel I had a quick trip down town Copenhagen. (IIRC) I did not see any cats, but somebody told me about a big park in Copenhagen centre where all sort of strange things were supposed to take place. I have seen that park from the outside, fortunately it had a fence around it, and I think that is where they keep the dead and alive cats. My theory now is, is that Schroedinger ignored that fence, and actually visited that park. LSD and that sort of stuff was just about entering into society, and I am sure has inspired some to see different realities.. Also we have to see those cat theories - or the theories of that cat - in the right social and time and place perspective. I mean even according to that dead cat Stockholm and Copenhagen COULD be in the same place some [of the] time. You must also realize it is still early morning here, oh and I also remember about an other conference that I travelled half the globe for, and was in Florida US, that when I finally arrived, went in, sat down, the guy started talking, I fell asleep (jet lag), and woke up when everybody was leaving. Now that was an expense chair :-) So, all those conventions, ideas, should be looked at in the proper perspective. No reason to get all purked up about it, accept it and have fun.

Sam wrote:

securely instantaneously combine squeezing photon subtraction entanglement homodyne detection teleporter nonclassical wave packets light control manipulation states prove generating complex quantum information science.

It is alright Ma, I am only sighing. (Dylan)

Yes, I hope you enjoyed that :-) We should always see 'fysics' in the context of that time,

There is a very large industry depending on fysisicks coming up with yet and other no result experiment, likw ITER, LIGO, some time ago laser ignition facility, it is IMPORTANT to that Scientific Industrial Complex (SIC) LOL (like MIC for Military Industrial Complex Jolly Strike Fighter etc) that the folly never ends. In REALITY most if not al those experiments are better done on the lab table top. Will it ever end? Society falls apart, no money, real knowledge is lost, THEN it may end.. for a while if humans persist. Dinos... nothing is sure, except that THOSE projects will NOT help us survive, On and on..

Copyright Jan Panteltje 2013-always All Rights Reserved.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje