Troubleshooting

The following wave file contains a voice with a peculiar distortion.

I have viewed an oscillogram of the waveform and based upon the asymmetry conclude that failure of one stage of a push-pull audio amplifier caused of the distortion.

I would appreciate any comments and especially welcome further analysis.

TIA

Reply to
Herbert Blenner

In message , dated Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Herbert Blenner writes

A single-ended bipolar transistor stage with no standing current will also produce this sort of sound. It's half-wave rectified, somewhat biased off.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

I agreed that improper design of a single-ended stage would cause distortion.

However, an earlier portion produced by the same equipment contains a mid sentence transition from symmetrical to asymmetrical audio accompanied by a loss of volume.

Herbert

Reply to
Herbert Blenner

So people are supposed to play guessing games while you slowly dole out pertinent facts you have but hide from them?

Reply to
ehsjr

Travel Lightly and Swiftly: If all you carry is a hammer, the all your problems become nails and then they can all be solved by percussive maintenance (preferable preemptive).

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen