TPS63000

Hi,

I have been prototyping a TI TPS63000 Buck-Boost converter and have set up a circuit as per the datasheet but I am finding that the quiescent current with no load is about 2.5mA with a 4V input and a 3.6V output where the datasheet states that it should be < 50uA. Has anyone else had any experience with these particular devices?

Here is a link to the datasheet for anyone interested...

Best regards,

AJ

Reply to
AJ

Sorry, not familiar with that one. You might look at the Enable and make sure it's driven completely to the rail. Buck/Boost regulators sometimes pull extra juice when not fully enabled (or disabled).

Good luck.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

Thanks anyway but I have it all sorted now. I ended up bringing out the old etching tank and making a PCB so I could easily play with the EN and PS/SYNC pins. It turns out that the PS/SYNC pin needs to be low to achieve the advertised

Reply to
AJ