todays technology

Why waste your energy with 10 minutes charging and grid failure. We can have battery stations like gas stations with efficient chargers. Just need a removable battery pack on cars and use a fork lift. All done in less than 10 minutes....?

Reply to
babug62

Sure, and you might be trading your brand new battery pack for one that's on it last charge. SInce you were using it when it died, its up to you to buy another new battery pack.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1186039502.166985.261240 @g12g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

Probably needs a skilled technician. And the infrastuctore to store and move the batteries about, and track their wherabouts.

Reply to
Gary Tait

If you're going the battery-swapping route, the batteries would be leased rather than owned.

THINK is planning to lease the battery to keep costs down (the battery is around half the cost of the vehicle):

Although the article doesn't say so, allaying concerns about replacement costs may also be a factor.

Reply to
Nobody

it'd probably be some sort of rental scheme

--

Bye.
   Jasen

Scheme implies fraud. Also, if its so easy to remove and replace, what is to stop thieves from stealing the battery pack?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Jasen Betts wrote in news:f93mll$1h3$ snipped-for-privacy@jasen.is-a- geek.org:

Something like welding gas bottles I presume.

With those, one puts an initial deposit on the first bottle and fill, and then exchanges the empty bottle for a full one, for the cost of the gas (processing and purifying it, and bottling and trasnportation of it and empty bottle back.)

You have to go back to the same vendor though, to get a full one.

Reply to
Gary Tait

Only in AmE.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Probably the same thing that keeps them from picking up cars with a forklift and putting them on a flatbed today. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise