TL494 low frequency limit?

All datasheets I've seen of the venerable TL494 from various manufacturers specify the recommended operating frequency range as starting from 1 kHz. As long as the maximum timing capacitor and resistor values are not exceeded, is there any reason why the IC would not work safely and reliably at frequencies much lower than 1 kHz - such as 50/60 Hz or even lower?

Reply to
pimpom

The TL494 app notes show timing values in a chart that goes down to

10Hz. Note that the 494 modulates the turn-on timing, and that earlier versions did not have a latch on overcurrent sensing inhibit paths.

Venerable isn't neccessarily........

I recall seeing an LAS3840 used at 120Hz to generate 60Hz push-pull waveforms in a medium-power transformer-coupled inverter by Tau-Tron (General Signal).

Nice box, though.

RL

Reply to
legg