tiny transformers

Coilcraft LPR4012, 1:3, 2 uH primary.

I was sort of shocked to see how they terminated the leads.

I'm going to breadboard my flyback supply, so I asked my production guy if he could slice a piece of FR4, and solder paste/reflow. He went wild with our new machining center and made me some adapters.

I'd feel better with a dab of epoxy under the center, in production.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Seen it before. I always wish they'd spring for 0.050" extra length of copper so it would stick out under the corners and could thus be visually inspected.

Don't remember it from the tour, do you guys have an LPKF machine?

Or just a Chinese tar blob over the whole thang :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Whoa. Gnar-leeee.

Yup. Frankenstein felt better when he bolted the monster's head on, too. ;) (*)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

(*)See "The Far Side".

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

No, we recently got a Tormach machining center thing.

It's really nice and wasn't ghastly expensive. We got it for real machining, but it does engraving and stuff like pcb's, too. Now we need to chuck a laser into it and cut vinyl labels.

I gave the old Jet mill to Noisebridge.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Neat. Not sure how (or whether ...) they passed EMC with that open cable motherboard in the electrical box, but a nice machine.

You could open a side business, making trophies for sports events. A former co-worker did that and said it's quite profitable.

Way to go. If we don't support the next generation, who will? I still have to figure out how to rewire a scope. A school here needs a portable (as in no lower back pain) analog scope. I'd give them mine but it has a dedicated keying cable and runs on 230V here, which the school doesn't have.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Does he do politician's heads, too?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That would have no effect.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

They could add a copper sticker to the central bottom of the part, like the stained-glass copper tape stuff, just a little circle. That could be soldered down and anchor the part.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

  • Looks like spot welding..

Like BrylCream, a little dab will do you..

Reply to
Robert Baer

To have their heads on straight? :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I use the inductor version of the same package. They solder very well (hand), Never had a termination failure in approximately 500 pcs.

--
Boris
Reply to

Which face do you want on the front?

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Does it really matter? They both tell lies. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell