Tide level measurement...

Hi,

I would like to include tidal data at my weather station page. Which type of senser do I use for this? I assume that I should use a rugged plastic tube with some ultrasonic sensor to measure distance from the top down to the sea surface. Max level difference around 2m.

Does it exist used equipment available (ebay etc) for this usage?

Thanks a lot for all tips and comments ;-)

geir

Reply to
Geir Holmavatn

Capacitive level probe. They work good. the one's we use output a 4.20 ma standard signal in 300 PSI (STREAM) CV systems.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie