Thunderbird is not so great really

In that case it must have been earlier!

Now that you mention it, ISTR noticing that Eudora development had stopped, and that I felt something like "unsurprising; they've realised it has gross failings". Or maybe it was just that Qualcomm(?!) decided they weren't interested in it.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

It was purely a marketing thing. Qualcomm decided it was not a core business area and they didn't want to spend their time with it. Like a company I've done design work for, it is hard to get their attention if your project costs less than $100 million to develop. So a perfectly good $10 million project doesn't get done!

--

Rick C
Reply to

I've seen a co-worker be criticised because the product lines he invented/enabled were only several

10s of millions. Politically his bosses were looking for billions. Sigh.
Reply to
Tom Gardner

I have used Thunderbird on Linux for ~15 years for email and usenet and I never saw the problems you describe. Currently I use version 45.6.0.

Regards Werner Dahn

Reply to
aioe usenet

Probably you don't get many emails. (Maybe nobody loves you.) ;)

The problem gets really bad when you have 80k emails and 900k usenet posts. That's how I know it's quadratic.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

I don't use it for email, so there isn't much junk or trash. My problem with it is not that it goes away for minutes at a time, rather it goes away for 2 to 15 seconds every 2 to 10 minutes. Sometimes I can't get through typing a post without my typing locking up three or four times... I know, I know, type faster!

I don't see any system resources being used when this happens. It is something strictly within Thunderbird.

I will also say I'm not a fan of Mozilla support. It just doesn't seem to be very effective and the organization and search features on the web site are very sub-optimal. Very sad.

--

Rick C
Reply to