three-body problem

Thank you for reminding me, I forgot that one: They will also try to bully you into silence if you have the gall to openly criticize them.

This is not how science is supposed to work.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

The weather service does make scientific observations for the community. Cl aiming that they doctor the data to "suit their own viewpoints" implies tha t they have lost sight of that duty - and I've not seen a shred of evidence to suggest that they might have. The allegation is the stuff of conspiracy theory, and a particularly demented branch of conspiracy theory at that.

The weather services don't publish their routine weather observations in th e regular peer-reviewed scientific literature, so - that extent - those obs ervations aren't science. They do publish research papers, based in part on those observations, in the peer-reviewed literature, and the denialist pro paganda machine doesn't like them much and makes fatuous allegations design ed to reduce their credibility. This doesn't have much to do with science e ither, and you seem to have fallen for that depressing drivel.

It's the denialist propaganda operation that tries to bully people into sil ence. The weather services aren't in that business, but you seem to have be en co-opted, which is silly of you.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to